Finally.. A tick for Istanbul

I can't remember exactly how many years ago.. maybe 4 or 5, made a plan with Nadia to visit Istanbul. We wanted to explore and understand Turkish life not as a tourist but as a traveler or even better as local. But the plan got postponed year after year.. 
Finally, my time for Istanbul come earlier than Nadia, and December 2012 is month where i'm fated to be in the grand Blue Mosque, understand the history of Ayasofya, drink Turkish tea and enjoy Apple tea, and most importantly, make new turkish friends.

So I was there with my sisters during winter season. What to expect other than windy days. And the colors are  so dull. I'm not black, white and brown kind of person. More of pink, yellow, orange, purple, blue, and green. Haha.. yes. bringht and bold. That's me. 

Great, it was raining as we walk out from the Ataturk airport. So I quick make my prayer to God, "God,  please stop the rain. I want to walk out and enjoy my first day in Istanbul". Then we entered a nice comfy van. Then the taxi driver says hello.. and we responded with warm hello.. but the conversation stopped there. Hmmm... then I open my mouth and ask "Are we gonna see rain everyday.. like this.. *while pointing out of the window*" .. the taxi driver look at me and make a 'blur' look. "Yes? Time? Otel? 20 minutes..." Hahahah... I was like??? then I look at my sister... and all of us tried our best not to laugh. Gosh..after that I just don't bother to ask anything to the taxi driver.

Blue Mosque and Ayasofya greeted us as we entered Sultanahmed area.






So what happened after that?.....
To be continued...

Comments

  1. hahaha so funny laa that incident in the cab!

    uih ramainya org beratur nak masuk aya sofia. i think when i was there tak ramai mcm tu kot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally, ade new post ;p
    lawak la taxi driver tu, one way conversation.

    Please tell us more and more....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please please i wanna goooo kfizaaaa.

    Uhuhuhu. Nak pi nak pi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dieya - aah that day ramai sangat orang. Luckily we went in earlier.
    Nadia MD - yes..finally. nak tunggu next post pun lambat kan.
    Fidajacob - can can.. you can go, anytime je. Tapi you nak gi jepun pulak.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A new beginning

Weekly dose @ PS Cafe (Singapore)