Soulfood

Friends do come and go but true friends will always be there to support you when you need a shoulder to cry on, to laugh at your joke, to critic you fashion sense and of course, to share your happiness.

This is a story about a friend of mine, from Guadalajara.
After a year plus, she is here again for a week on business trip. I'm so glad that she was able to get some times to hang out with me and exchange stories. 2 years ago, she was here in KL for the first time and that was the first time we met. Even though we don't chat everyday or tell each other updates every month.. but we are good friends. She helped me a lot when I had to go to Mexico for the first time all by myself and definitely it is an honor to return her big favor when she is in my country.

The big news is she's getting married in May! Very happy for you girl!
She even shared with me how she actually accepted him because he is persistent and she knows he really love her even after few rejections. hehe.. There's a saying to this... "If it comes back to you, then its yours, If it doesn't, then it was never yours to begin with".


 While waiting for Karina and Luciero went up to KLCC bridge... I enjoyed this!

Karina wanted to eat nasi goreng (fried rice) with cili padi + kicap masin... she said, it reminds her of her home..apparently, people in Guadalajara do eat lots of kicap masin and chilies. Definitely, I can survive in Guadalajara. Karina even wants my friend and I to plan for a visit to Mexico and Guadalajara. She invited us to stay with her and will take us to visit the Country! That's most welcome travel plan! That's Karina in red, about to show us the video from her marriage registration and Luciero is the one in white.

I gave kain batik sarung to Karina (a true malaysian gift .. i think)... you know the one which mak mak selalu pakai kat rumah. Of course now days we don't wear it as kain basahan. Kain batik is actually quite expensive now days. Maybe one day it will be as expensive as kain songket? I hope not....

Speaking of friendship... it is always good to have a friend to enjoy your sinful hobby (i.e. eat and eat and eat ... especially cupcakes!). Don't they look yummy-licious? This was from friday movie nite with nadia + nita.. hmm.. but I dont remember what is the ending to that indonesian movie called Kangen, which we decided to watch.


Live your life, and risk it all
Take some chances, take the fall
Take your time, no need to hurry
Have some fun and never worry
Live for the little things that you need!

I realized these are the happiness robbing habits that most of us have:
1. Complaining
2. Blaming
3. Feeling shame-its all my fault

So, you decide which way you want to paint your life...
Colorful and lots of happiness?

or color-less with full of complaints and sadness...?

I choose to paint my life with full of colors... and love... and passion... and laughter... and good food, of course!

... and surrounded by family members and close friends..



.. having good conversation over a cuppa and also good massage session openly.. haha.. yes, martin give free massage at the Startbucks. She will open her booth for public soon... just joking martin!

Feel free to create you own dialog to these photos:
Martin as the hot tok bomoh trying to kill the bad demon in Amir's urat saraf. haha,,,, we laughed so hard until our jaw hurts. It was a great weekend with friends and family. 



Btw... my mission for this month is to furnish my new apartment. Went to look for coffee table last Sunday, these 2 really catch my eyes... can't decide for now. Will look for more next week. 


P/S: Congrats to my 2 lovely friends, Nita and Dayang. You are finally engaged! Happy for both of you and look forward for you big day soon!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly dose @ PS Cafe (Singapore)

A new beginning

Finally.. A tick for Istanbul