Weekly dose @ PS Cafe (Singapore)


When everyone are enjoying long weekend in Kuala Lumpur, I had to get up early on a Sunday. But no complain cause I am flying to the city of Lion, Singapore. Well, i'm in Singapore for a week for work. It is going to be a busy week... and yet i am taking a few minutes... to post my updates.

Had my lunch at PS Cafe, Palais @ Orchard Road. The ambiance is so welcoming and I can picture myself enjoying my cuppa coffee and the dessert. I was so full from my lunch and no space for dessert this time. Maybe I will make another trip before going back to KL. I love the interior so much, especially the tiles! I will post more pics next time. I only have pics from my BB now.


I have a big mission this time..... to look for a handmade carpet from uncle shop (not my uncle ok!) at Arab St. This shop has all the lovely items from India. Nadia's fav item is the silk scarves. She even ordered a few...as usual. I dragged my colleague to follow me to shop before we go out for dinner. So we went to Arab St. around 4ish. Luckily we are there just in time before the uncle close shop. Haiya... he is about to close the shop door! Phew... nasib baik.

"Uncle, don't close shop yet! I want to buy your carpet and silk scarves" haha... luckily uncle is not in a rush to go home. He said, it is about to rain, so he was thinking to close early. Not many scarves available to choose from... uncle said most of the stock finished in Dec. People bought for Christmas present. New stocks only coming in 2 weeks time. He shared a story from his customer, the lady from Europe used to give chocolate for Christmas but one day when she visited uncle's shop, she got an idea. She's going to give his lovely scarves to the ladies. Reason being, the receiver will always remember her when they look at the scarves rather then just eat the delicious chocolate and nothing left to remember her (unless they keep the chocolate wrapper nicely..) haha.

Wah.. uncle's scarves in now SGD13 and no discount!... I told uncle last time I bought it was only SGD10.
Uncle: When was that??? In 2010 it was SGD11, Price increased since last year by SGD2. 
Me: Uncle.. I came in 2009 la... haha... so long to make another round of visit right? (in my mind... maybe I should borong this time???)

After I'm done choosing the limited scarves, a classic tablecloth in pink + green + white attracted me. But he don't have in for 6 seater - round table. So sad... i continue to look through the piles of cloth, and finally i pick a nice bluish + pink + turquoise + greenish + white. I don't have the photo right now. Will post it the next time.

Lastly, I ask uncle to show me the carpet. yey!!!! Only 1 for display and I know he has more. He start showing one by one... they are all beautiful. I really don't know which one to choose. In the end, I ask uncle to hold it for me to take a picture of my favs to see which one looks good in photo. Uncle wanted to charge me SGD5 for each photo. What la uncle... I'm buying your stuff still want to charge extra.

Here are my favs!
My love at first sight!
You can see uncle's hand there. haha. The one hanging at the back in blue + white is a table cloth
Was contemplating between this and the first one for hours while uncle entertain other customer

After 2 hours of browsing at uncle shop, I made up my mind and go home with happy heart. So glad that I've made it this time. Can't wait to see my living brighten up by this carpet!
Uncle in action - folding each scarf nicely and put it in a plastic wrapper + washing instruction + his shop address
Tired but satisfied! 

And I'm more than happy because I am staying somewhere I can enjoy the Four Seasons.... wink wink!
Thanks Boss! I'll treat it as my birthday present!
Mission accomplished! Need to continue with my work now. I am taking more than a few minutes break.

Btw.... I just realize, this week, the Muslim are celebrating Maulidur Rasul, the Chinese are celebrating Cap Goh Mei and the Indians are celebrating Thaipusam. Isn't that amazing? Plus no monday blues for you people in KL. So nice....

Comments

  1. Helo friend ;)

    Next time you off to Spore, hopefully I can join and then we can go to PS I love you cafe hehe....then we can visit Uncle for a while ;p

    Glad you choose the first carpet coz thats you....the second one is totally Aida's type and third one maybe mine ;)

    This weekend, you are going to have your weekly dose somewhere nice also I hope even not PS cafe ;) but it would be better off since the girls all will be there ;p All of them i hope ;pppp minus one maybe haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.. hello friend! yes im in love with the 1st carpet. that is so me!

    can't wait to go home and meet you all. i'm so looking forward for another gedik session! yey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A new beginning

Finally.. A tick for Istanbul