Siem Reap

Life is a beautiful mystery.

Asian countries were not listed in my 'top 20 countries to visit before you die'.
Who knows, now I am more open and travel with a different purpose.


Without any expectation, I'm actually standing and looking at Cambodia flag! 
So yes, I went to Siem Reap, Cambodia. 
Weather was good. 
No visa required. That's great!
This place looks so calm.
The airport is not that big.. slightly bigger than Koh Samui Arriving hall. 


We are now at the hotel. The local people seems nice. 
Soft-spoken kind of people. But there was a slight communication problem. Nothing major. Just some issue with the hotel booking. As long as we still have our rooms, then we are fine. 




Lonely planet guides can never be lonely.
Agenda for the day and next are roughly there. We just need to find out the way to execute our plans.
Ok.. let's go out and explore the the town!


Hmmm... I was not expecting to move around in tuk-tuk.
This is a new experience to me. What's life without new encounters, right?
Surprisingly I enjoyed it so much!.. I said it! I like tuk-tuk!



Psar Chaa.. or you can call it Old Market.
This place looks very familiar. Macam pasar kat kelantan. Pasar Rantau Panjang.
Not sure if that's the correct name tho.
I like the colorfulness of this market. Good place to shop for souvenirs. And yet you still need to bargain.
I think the stuff there are quite pricey. The fact that most of the buyers are tourist, what do you expect?
At least, this is the best way for me to help the local people.
My first impression of Siem Reap, what a poor country and it looks like Muar or small town like Batu Pahat 20-30 years ago. Full of 'tanah merah' at the road side. People drive beca (something like tuk tuk) and sell food at the road side in small trolley stalls. Can you imagine? Hahaha....



I'm not very good at bargaining. Maybe because I'm so use to shop in shopping malls. Most of the time where the prices are fixed. Hmm.. maybe not. I think it is because I put myself in the sellers' shoes. If I want to sell my products, of course I want to sell it at a certain profit margin. But just because you sell stuff at a market, the buyer think it is alright to cut the price by 80%??? Hello! That is too much. 
At least, by buying from the locals, you are helping them to live a better life. Don't you think so?

Here are few pictures of the small town of Siem Reap.













At the end of the day, all of us went back to hotel room for a good night sleep.
More to explore the next day. I am all excited to visit the famous Angkor Wat.

Btw, let me share what's in my bag this time.
Of course there are more items, as I don't know how to travel light. But these are the essentials.


Will share my take away from Angkor Wat visit in my next post. 

Love. 

Comments

  1. somehow cambodia reminds me of the advert.. angelina jolie sitting in a sampan with her LV bag.. did u try that? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, she wanted to do that, tapi tak jumpa sampan tu ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I tried to look for that paya + sampan. But i failed. More places to explore in next visit. I rasa macam angelina jolie kat sana. hahaha....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A new beginning

Weekly dose @ PS Cafe (Singapore)

Waiting....