Waiting....

I don't like to wait.


I hate when my friend tell me this...."I want to tell you something but you need to wait until we meet up". Please.... now days, technology is everywhere. We have phone, skype, email, and for my circle of friends, we text each other via BBM (blackberry messenger). Waiting is seriously testing your patience. Sometimes, it is good but most of the time, it is nerves racking. Let me share with you what happen on New Year's Eve recently.


Few days before the event day, we were exchanging emails planning for get-together BBQ at Aida's place, deciding on the menu and games. Everyone is so excited to see her new house. But things didn't go as planned. Aida fall sick. Her hands are all numbs and cold. Her heart beats very fast. Around 6ish in the evening, she insist for her hubby has to take her to the emergency room (ER) @ Putrajaya Hospital. Nadia went to accompany them. I'm sure the feeling is terribly bad.


We didn't enjoyed the BBQ (but the food was good! Thanks Lan for all your help from doing the groceries, marinate the chicken, lamb, beef, etc.... and also help to cook them!) knowing our friend is in pain and not knowing what is happening in the ER. Nadia text me...."Fiza, I'm not ready to lose a friend". Oh gosh. I was worried and praying hard that my friend is going to be okay soon. We waited for almost 2 hours after we heard the good news. Aida reacted positively to the medicine which the doctor gave. But she has to be warded for that night in order for the doctor to monitor her situation. The 2 hours of waiting time was not the best feeling. 


I don't know what's in Awen's (Aida's hubby) mind during that 2 hours. What would a husband feel when he is tested like this? I'm sure you don't want to something bad happen to you loved ones. Waiting is the hardest part even more when you are not in control of the situation. In Islam, we believe in qada' and qadar. We don't know what is out there for us in the future. God has a reason for allowing things to happen. We may never understand  his wisdom, but we simply have to trust his will.

Nevertheless, after all the drama and good thing Aida is getting better (she actually asked her hubby to bring all the food ... nugget, chicken, lamb, potato salad, mushroom sup, even the lemonade... to the hospital because she was so hungry.... poor thing, Nadia and Awen didn't eat until almost 11pm), at 12 midnight, we still get to enjoy the fireworks from Aida's house! 

Definitely an unforgettable new year's eve to me and my friends. 

I was not in the mood to take picture that night but I think I have one picture to share. Look at the chicken! Can we have another round of bbq friends????? please!!!! 


Anxiously waiting for this weekend roadtrip! 

Comments

  1. I guess its true.Waiting is hard but it depends on your level of patience :)some people can tolerate with it,some people just can't.But,things happen for a reason.fast or slow,Allah knows best!hehe.because I know your exact intention of this post,hehe......what happen on new year's eve?that is a day to remember.tht day made me realise how it feels to lose a bestfriend...and its not at all a good feeling.don't want it to happen again,not so soon.12 years of friendship isn't enough...I still want to have a brunch get together even when we are at 50 yold, haha......

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... thanks for the reminder. Yes.. i always believe that things happen for a reason. So we will still have brunch when we are 50 yold ok! bring all you kids + grandkids once in a while. That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes..Fiza and Nadia MD....that new year nite will be the nite to remember and to remind our self.....Im glad that Aida is okay and hope she getting better....hope we can have another BBQ too....:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly dose @ PS Cafe (Singapore)

A new beginning

Finally.. A tick for Istanbul